Beliefs affect reality in so many ways. In fact, your entire reality stems from your beliefs.
Beliefs are much different from thoughts, ideas, and values, they are essentially your mindset. Since beliefs effect the rest of how we see the world and behave, it’s important to consider what beliefs we have.
Entire religions are based on beliefs for a major reason. If we get beliefs right, then everything else falls into place.
This is part two of a series called Complete Alignment hosted by Samuel Hatton.
In this episode
- How beliefs overshadow how we behave
- Samuel shares some of his beliefs he has that shape his thought process
Episodes in this series
- Part 1: How to Eliminate Stress
- Part 2: How Beliefs Affect Reality
- Part 3: Why Think Before You Speak
- Part 4: How Words Lead to Actions
- Part 5: Your Actions Become Habits
- Part 6: Habits Determine Core Values, Not Aspirational Values
- Part 7: Values Become Destiny
- Part 8: Accepting What You Can’t Change
Your beliefs become your thoughts,Mahatma Gandhi – Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Book of Eastern Wisdom
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.
How beliefs affect reality
It’s important that we monitor our beliefs. If someone believes that all other people are bad and selfish, then they will treat others differently than if they had a more positive outlook on those people.
An example of this would look like this: Let’s say that there is a man carrying a very heavy box on the side of the street, you, a gentleman (or lady), approach to help. If his belief system says that other people are bad, he will reject your offer, especially if he knows you. He would reject your offer to help because his belief system starts to spill into his thoughts.
His thoughts might say, “Since this is a bad person, then he’s going to have one-up on me for him helping me in carrying this heavy moving box.”
However, let’s say that the man with the heavy moving box on the side of the road has a positive view on others, he is probably more likely to welcome your help and allow you to help him.
Some of my beliefs:
- Most people don’t even get close to living their full potential. #ibelieveCSC
- Self-confidence is one of the cornerstones of success in life. #ibelieveCSC
- Humanity is wonderful and beautiful. #ibelieveCSC
What are YOUR beliefs?
If you are on social media, share your own beliefs by using hashtag #ibelieveCSC