Our lives are made up by a series of moments. And at the end of our life, it’s these moments that we think about. It’s these things that we care about. And that is because we think in narrative, we create meaning out of thin air. It’s what moves us and it’s how we make goals concrete. Narrative is how we capture a life in a book. It’s how I tend to interview guests on this show in the Stories of Courage series. And it’s because we humans are naturally wired for story that it’s important to both recognize the moments of our story and create those moments.
I absolutely LOVE bars of soap. Lathering up my entire body with a bar of soap and rinsing squeeky clean.
The other day, I caught a bar of soap in the shower. And when I did, I knew it was going to be a great day! Why? Because why not. What does it mean to catch a bar of soap anyway? To most of us it’s just a shoulder shrug. And to some of us, it means something. For me it’s an omen that today is going to be a great day. That omen is a choice.
In this episode:
- The importance of celebrating the little moments
- Actionable exercises that you can do to create more joy in your life
- Perfect Moment
- How keeping a family journal brings joy to your home
- Becoming a practitioner of joy
- Brené Brown: The Call to Courage (Belonging vs Fitting in)